Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day

Pinned Image

It has been a long time since I have had the inspiration to write
In the past year there has been a lot of heart ache
This time last year, we were awaiting the results of mum's biopsy
Twelve months on, the treatment for her cancer has just finished
What a roller coaster of emotions we have shared
There were times when she was so sick, I wondered if I would have another
Mother's Day with her
I knew she was strong, had the determination to get through it
However, sometimes chemotherapy and infections give you doubt

I look forward to tomorrow.  I don't want no breakfast in bed
I just want to spend time with my mum and let her know that I love her
I'm grateful to have another Mother's Day with my mum

Best wishes to all for a wonderful Mother's Day - give your mum an extra special hug xx

1 comment:

  1. hope your mothers day was beautiful. so glad that this one was a happy one for you xx

    ReplyDelete