Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Life..........

On Wednesday I had many moments where I thought about my "life". How did I get to where I am today? Ever since I was a little girl, I was obsessed with the book "How I began". I would read this book at every opportunity that I could. I remember mum used to hide it in our hallway cupboard, I would always steal it to read in the bath. Not the usual kind of book one would read over and over, unless you were in the situation of considering having a child. It went into graphic details of child birth, the pictures alone would put anyone off having kids!! But for some strange reason, I was drawn to it.
I've always loved kids, my family used to say that I would have ten!!
My dream was to be married and have kids by the time I was 25. I got the marriage part, kids did not follow till after almost 6 years of marriage. You've got to be in the right head space to have kids, they really do change your life. You can't just jump in your car and head out for a coffee. You have nappy bags to pack, kids to load in the car, and you are thinking- have they had a sleep, will they cry, can I really be bothered?! Gone are the days when it was just about ME. What I was going to do, where would we go out for dinner on the weekend, where to for our next holiday where we could read for ages on the beach.
So, 10 kids for me??? No way, 2 is absolutely perfect for us- this shop is shut!
Back to Wednesday- Cooper has a cold and Charlie is teething. Cooper is actually coping with it very well, he just wanted to get out and go and see daddy at football training. Charlie was a grump, not his fault, his gums are all lumpy and full of little toothy pegs trying to break through. Me, I felt tired, an upset bubba is very draining. I had just made myself a tasty latte when he woke screaming from a short nap, so out of character for him. I decided we needed to get out- fresh air always make life so much easier.
So, off we headed to watch daddy train at football.  Coops had a ball, no pun intended! He met a little girl called Charlotte at the park, and they played like long lost buddies. Kids have the wildest imaginations, and they are fascinating to watch at play.
When Charlotte left to go home, Coops gave her a wave, blew her a kiss and said "see you soon"! He is such a friendly little fella and that moment really made my day - made me realise that as much as my life has changed, and I have very, very little ME time, I would not have it any other way.  Kids are challenging, some days they really push all your buttons, but those moments when they wrap their arms around you and smother you with kisses, those are the moments that make you realise LIFE is so much more complete with them in it.

As the saying goes, when life deals you lemons, go and make lemonade.  Me, I prefer to make a tasty lemon slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment