Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 Things to be grateful for each day

Do you ever find some days tougher than others?
You didn't get a good nights sleep, the kids have woken up cranky, its raining and you really want to get outside, that top you want to wear is in the wash?
Well, today I decided, that no matter what, I am going to find 5 things each day to be grateful for.
1 - My father in law for coming and helping Will to build our new deck. Yippee, it was all finished today!! Without his help, it would have taken so much longer to build.
2 - My loving husband for coaching and playing football with disadvantaged/troubled youths each Wednesday.  His inspiration and dedication to these boys is enabling them to grow and gain skills to help them in life.
3 - My mum, for phoning me out of the blue whilst she is on holidays, just to see how we are.
4 - My 30 minutes of ME time, to walk down the beach, in the rain, to just tune out.
5 - My little boys, for giving me those special hugs, laughs, smiles and reminding me how lucky I am to have them in my life.  The opportunity to be at home with them, taking them to the beach, the park, playgroup etc.
What are your 5 things?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Nan, it's easy to get grumpy over things, but sometime you need to make your self appreciate the little things, i'm going to talke a leaf out of your book ♥

    ReplyDelete